Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LOVE STORY(ASHLEY)


Nick was looking at the crumbled piece of paper he had left on top of his desk, “What are you doing here? Why now and what do you want?he thought. He kept pacing back and forward, not knowing what to do. He looked at the piece of paper again then threw it out. Nick was lost in thoughts. “She left me without a single explanation; she just packed up her things and left.” Nick went back to work but all he thought about was Ashley.

It was dark out when Nick looked out the window. He was tired, had the worst headache imaginable, and hungry. Nick picked up the phone and to his surprise, Carrie was on the other end. “Hello, Nick, it’s Carrie. “Carrie, I was just about to give you a call but from the looks of things, you beat me to it.” “You were?” Carrie asked. “Carrie, I was wondering if I could stop by and see you, if it is not too late, that is.” “No, of course not, come on by.” Carrie heard herself say.

Trying to look your best in less than twenty minutes suddenly became impossible. She picked up a pair of jeans, a white shirt and put on her sneakers. She did not want to be overdressed and did not want to look like she was going to sleep either. Carrie heard the doorbell - she stops in the hallway, looks at the image in the mirror, then proceeded towards the door.

“Hello Carrie,” Nick walked in and gave Carrie a gentle kiss on the cheek. “Hello Nick, how are you?” Carrie smiled “Would you like anything to drink?” she offered. “I brought us a bottle of champagne; I hope you do not mind.” “No, not at all, thank you, that was thoughtful of you. Let me get the glasses.” Carrie said as she walked towards the kitchen. From there she talked to Nick. “Nick, since the Ball is going to be a black and white affair, I thought that maybe you would like White Calla Lilies or Red Roses for the centerpieces, tall ones in a crystal vase. Now for the food; we can start with stuffed mushroom, shrimp, salmon, or whatever you would like us to serve and I thought that maybe.” Nick walked over to Carrie and placed his finger on her lips, “Do you mind if we talked about something else for a moment?” “I thought you wanted to discuss the plans for the party?” Carrie was nervous; she felt a lump in her throat and had to swallow. “It’s been a very long day and I just want to relax, let’s talk about us for a while.” Once again, they engaged in a conversation not about the reason for his visit but about them. This time Carrie learned about Ashley and she felt a bit of jealousy; she could not explain why, but she did. “I’m so sorry to hear that, I don’t think that I could have survived something like that.Without realizing it, she placed her hand on top of his. He looked in her eyes - they sparkled like two stars in the night. He smiled at her and kissed her hand. He could not explain what was happening but he felt so at ease around Carrie, he felt whole. “Carrie, you are an amazing woman, I haven’t felt this way in a long time. When I’m with you, nothing seems to matter, I feel complete and alive.” Without another thought, he kisses her, with a desire so deep and beyond his control. He was hungry for her; he kissed her gently. Carrie laid there wanting him, willing to be his and not fighting what she too was feeling. Carrie,’ Nick said as she looked at him, “I’m sorry, I can’t, and I have to go.” She stood there wondering what just happened.

On his way home, all Nick thought about was Carrie, she was special. It was an attraction that pulled at him and he knew that he could fall in love with her and that frightened him

0 comments:

 

All Rights Reserved ChatterBoxMom dot Com Copyright 2008
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape