Wednesday, June 18, 2008

LOVE STORY (WALK IN THE PARK)



A week passed and Carrie was busy with all of the arrangements for Nick’s party. They had spoken maybe once or twice since they last saw each other but it was business. Carrie was confused and upset, but she was not about to ask him anything about that night. Nick was in his office when his secretary told him there was someone to see him. When he asked who it was, he made up some excuse - he did not want to see his visitor, “Ashley”. He stood in his office frozen, not able to move. The memories of their last night together came back to mind as if it was yesterday - he had asked Ashley to marry him - the next day she was gone.

He had to leave; he needed to clear his head. At that moment, Carrie too went for a walk. Nick was walking - his thoughts were about Ashley. He didn’t know what to do, he was angry and had many questions to ask her but was he ready to face her, ready to face a past he’s been trying to forget? He walked for hours, not realizing how late it was when he notices Carrie walking towards him. Carrie’s face went blank; the last person she wanted to run into was Nick. He was walking right towards her and her heart was beating fast, but she kept walking. Before she knew it, he was standing in front of her. “Hello Carrie.” Carrie looked at him and said “hello”. “Can we talk?” Nick asked her “Nick, if you want to talk about the ball, you can come by the office tomorrow morning, I have some things to take care of and it’s getting late.” Carrie replied. Carrie felt awkward; she was wondering what he wanted to talk about after what had happened between them. “Please Carrie; it will only take a minute.” Nick looked at Carrie, his eyes were damped. “Carrie, I want to apologize for the other night, I don’t know why I left the way I did, well actually I do know why I left. I was scared. Carrie, I have so many feelings running through my body, I do not know what to do. I think I am falling in love with you; it may sound crazy and maybe I am crazy for feeling this way; we’ve only known each other for a couple of weeks and with all that happened in my last relationship, I am freaked out! I have been driving myself crazy, not knowing what to do about us, about the feelings that I feel. I know that I love you, but am I ready? Can I trust you not to hurt me the way that Ashley did.” Carrie was there listening and crying because what he didn’t realize was that he had hurt her, that he did the same thing that Ashley had done. Nevertheless, she did not say a word - she just looked at his face full of agony and held him because she too had fallen in love with him. They sat in the park for awhile; they held hands and just sat there. The wind was cold but it did not matter because they had each other’s warmth to keep them warm and from that moment on, they knew that their life would never be the same.

0 comments:

 

All Rights Reserved ChatterBoxMom dot Com Copyright 2008
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape