Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LOVE STORY (THE MEETING)


Chapter one

The sun was shinning but it made no difference. It was twenty degrees outside and the wind cut right through you. I was on my way into the office when I received a call from Jessica that my nine o’clock appointment was running late. Good, I thought, that gives me enough time to grab a muffin. Jessica walked into my office and could not help herself and laughs; she stares at the welt on my head - “it gets bigger by the minute” Jessica said. I grab my handbag and pull out my compact. I looked at the image in the mirror and saw the horror in my eyes. “Oh my!” were the words that came out of my mouth, “Mr. Andrews will be here shortly and I look like I’m growing an antler - Great!” I was going through some papers when Jessica announced that Mr. Andrews had arrived. “Give me a minute, and then let him in.”

“Good morning Miss Peters.” said the voice from behind her. As she turns around to greet her client, she saw the eyes - the same eyes she saw that Sunday afternoon. “You!” she said. They both knew who the other one was. She was the girl he had knocked down by the market place. “I can’t believe its you,” he said, “I’ve thought about you constantly, even walked by the market place but never saw you again. Did I do that?” Carrie was motionless - she could not believe it was him. She could not breathe, could not talk but she had to make a motion. Carrie never answerd his question, she did not see the point in it. Carrie replied with a smile. “Let’s sit down; we have a lot to discuss.”

It was a quarter after two when Nick left the office and Carrie was exhausted.

Once the meeting ended, Jessica walked into the office. They went over some of the requirements that Mr. Andrews had in mind. “Jess, call Andy and see what he will have available for the month of June. We also have to” “Carrie” Jessica interrupted her.

“What did you think of Mr. Andrews?” Carrie smiled “What is there to think of” she winked and walked out of the office. “C’mon Carrie tell me, I noticed the way he looked at you, and you also forgot to mention that you two knew each other.” “Correction, he knocked me down two months ago - that doesn’t mean we know each other.” Carrie continues with her reading and ignored Jessica; she knows just what to say and do, to get to her sister. A few minutes later Carrie heard the door close and looked up to see Mr. Andrews standing in front of her. “Mr. Andrews, is there anything else that I can do for you?” Carrie asked, “Indeed you can” he replied, “Will you have dinner with me tonight?” “Mr. Andrews,” “Nick, call me Nick,” he replied. “Mr. Andrews, I don’t think that would be a good idea.” Carrie, not impressed by his dinner proposal, excused herself and walked him out.

Carrie went back to what she was doing but in the back of her mind, her thoughts were about Nick.

0 comments:

 

All Rights Reserved ChatterBoxMom dot Com Copyright 2008
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape