Saturday, May 17, 2008

THE MEANING OF FRIENDS



The meaning of the word FRIEND

A person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

A person who gives assistance; patron; supporter

A person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile

One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement

A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade

A person whom one knows; an acquaintance

A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts

So many meanings for the word FRIEND, yet so little people in my life fits all the description above.

I can count with one hand the amount of genuine friends that I have, not many.

Then I have my “so called friends” the ones who think that they are friends, in reality are only in my life because they feel obligated by some kind of attachment.

You have your childhood friends, they will always be a part of your life, but the friendship diminishes and weakens with the years to come and maturity.

You have your friends from high school/college, friendships that have gone through hangovers to heart breaks. Only a few of us are lucky to still have them in our life because once again friendship diminishes and weakens with the years to come and maturity.

You have the friends you meet along the way, you bond with some, connect in a way that you never dreamt possible. Then those of you who pretend to be a friend and have the least knowledge of what a true friendship consist of, one minute you’re white then you’re black.

For those of you who are my dearest and love friends, my heart and door are always open to you. For those of you who’s idea of friendship consist of a warm hello to your face and what a bitch when you walk away, I have my dog for that.

I learn each day the value of my dearest friends; you are my sisters, my packs. Just like I also know that the grass looks greener on the other side, but from where they are standing it is also greener on my side.

0 comments:

 

All Rights Reserved ChatterBoxMom dot Com Copyright 2008
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape